Friday, March 18, 2011

snips, and snails, and puppy dog tails...

Matthew Wade, born June 6, 2006, weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs. He made a "big" entrance into this world and has continued that theme in his short little life. My Mattie has a "BIG" personality and makes a "BIG" impression on those fortunate enough to come across his path.


Little did I know just how amusing this little bundle of joy would be!  As soon as he was born and they exclaimed...IT'S A BOY...a wave of panic washed over me.  I know what little girls like...dolls, barbies, dress-up...but boys?  I was completely inept at making noises with my mouth...cars sounds, fighting sounds, farting sounds!  I was obviously in over my head! 
We have learned together over the years and I find that he enjoys the moments that I CAN'T play like a boy more than those times when I can. 
Matthew is ALL boy...well...except when he screams like a girl!  Oh, and maybe the fact that his favorite color is "sparkley" red.
He plays with cars, sleeps in his underwear, and pee's standing up! 
Every rock has a story...or so Matt tells. 
He prefers "dark hair" to blondes.
Can run as fast as a cheetah.
Uses "man soap" and "deNOderant."...and requires you to smell him!
He once congratulated a man on his bald head and told a checker that he loved her eyeballs.
He can't say his "L's"
And his momma LOVES him!! 
He wants "PanAcakes" for breakfast EVERY morning. 
He wants his back scratched/tickled and prayers at bedtime. 
Matthew BELIEVES that he is a cop!
He WILL "under arrest you!"  I estimate I have been given over 300 tickets, shot 100x and gone to "jail" 50x just in the last year!  Did you know that it's illegal to make a dinner that Matthew doesn't like?  I learned that lesson the hard way!
He runs on his tip toes.
His nickname is "Bug."
I love when someone he doesn't know says his name...he points his crooked little finger at them, cocks his head to the side, squints his eyes, and says suspiciously "How do you know my name?"
He always knows when it's time to go see "Crankie" (Frankie) the barber to have his hair cut and hounds me until we go!
He has no idea what it means to be 4 yrs old...he thinks he is 12.
He orders chicken nuggets then takes the crust off.
And he loves to "wrastle"
This handsome little spitfire has under arrested my heart!  What will come of this precious boy of mine, only time will tell.  But I know he will leave his own unique print on this world. 

1 comment: