Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pesto Cream Sauce

Say it with me...NOTHING TO IT!!  This is THE easiest sauce ever, but soooo tasty!  I am not sure how many of you have tried pesto.  It is a combo of basil, olive oil, garlic, and usually some kind of nut (mine had cashews).  While it is fairly easy to make your own pesto...I bought mine (that's even easier!!).  This pasta dish is very versatile, it could be a side dish for almost any kind of meat...a main dish if you added shrimp or chicken, or even just by itself. 

Alright...get out your pen and paper cause this is what you need:
   
YEP!!  That's it! 
1 container of Pesto
1 c of heavy cream


Ok Ok...I know there is butter in the pan and I didn't list it...it is completely UNNECESSARY!!  I just have an addiction...it's my own affliction and I try desperately not to corrupt others!!  (But everything is better with butter...just sayin!!!)

Add the pesto

Add the cream...
I like to let this simmer and thicken while my pasta cooks.

Shown here with Chicken Cordon Bleu.


No comments:

Post a Comment